Asia Pacific Sociological Association (APSA) is mainly engaged in the scholars of higher education institutions (universities, graduate schools and research institutes) that conducts education and research in the Asia-Pacific region or conducts research and education for the region as well as independent researches. It is aimed to share the academic achievements, academic information exchange, and training of young researchers.
APSA prides itself in the fact that its membership reflects the diversity of cultures, nations, ethnicities, and perspectives from across the Asia Pacific region. Its executive committee is constructed to reflect this diversity.
- to establish a network to link sociological associations, sociology departments and individual sociologists in the Asia-Pacific region;
- to provide information and contacts using such means as the Internet, e-mails and newsletters;
- to act as a clearinghouse for co-operation in teaching, research and other professional activities;
- to promote and assist publications of social research focusing upon the aforementioned region;
- to encourage co-operation between sociologists, planners and policy makers at both the regional and community level;
- to hold regular regional conferences, seminars and workshops;
- to establish and maintain an on-line journal concerning issues in the Asia Pacific region to sociologists worldwide.
APSA is a member organization of the International Sociological Association (ISA).