Themes & Objectives
The 14th Asia Pacific Sociological Conference will be held at SEISA Hakone campus in Japan. The theme for this year’s conference is “Interconnections, social transformation and global mobility: a way towards the future.” By connecting sociologists across countries, it encourages presenters and attendees to share studies, consider solutions, and promote international mutual understanding surrounding global contemporary issues.
Welcome to APSA 2018 in Hakone, Japan!
Organizer of the 14th Asia Pacific Sociological Association(2018)
Miwako Hosoda (Japan, Seisa University)
December 2017: Call for Abstract (Oral presentation, Poster, Round Table Discussion)
March 31st, 2018: Abstract Submission Deadline
May 15th, 2018: Notification Date
July 15th, 2018: Early Registration Deadline (All program participants must pay the full registration fee by July 15th.)
Conference Date: October 5-7, 2018
Call for abstract
Researchers, students and all who are interested in APSA 2018 are invited to submit abstracts for the conference. We welcome topics relevant to sociology and social sciences in the Asia-Pacific region.
- Political Sociology and Public Sociology
- Sociology of the Environment
- Media and Communication
- Ethnicity and Culture
- Migration and Borders
- Health and Social Welfare
- Society and Aging
Abstract submission guideline
- Abstracts should include paper title, name(s) and institutional affiliation(s), and fit them all in one page (approximately 500 words). Please use the template.
- Abstract should be submitted via e-mail to <email@example.com> no later than March 31st, 2018.
- Please write “APSA2018: Abstract” in the subject line and type the presenter(s): Presentation title, Name, Institutional Affiliation, Oral presentation/Poster/Round Table Discussion, Areas of particular interest (please choose from “1” to “10”), and e-mail address in the body of your e-mail.
- The selection will be made by the APSA Conference Organizing Committee by May 15th, 2018.
- In order to facilitate broad participation, each applicant is requested to submit only one abstract.
- Presenters/co-presenters must pay the registration fee by July 15, 2018.
APSA 2018 Paper Template
Click here to download the template: APSA2018_Paper_Template
Early registration (By July 15th, 2018)
General Participant 120 US$ (14,000 JPY)
Student 80 US$ (9,000JPY)
General Participant 150 US$ (18,000 JPY)
Student 100 US$(12,000 JPY)
The registration fee for all 3 days (October 5th to 7th, 2018) includes: presentation/participation in sessions, welcome reception, conference lunches for two days (October 6th & 7th), refreshments, printing costs of conference abstracts & proceedings, and handouts.
Farewell Party on Sunday, October 7th (19:00 – 21:00). Conveniently located on-site. The event will highlight Japanese regional foods while guests enjoy the featured entertainment. Ticket price $40 USD; ticket purchase is available online only during the conference registration period, no later than July 15th, 2018. Tickets purchase is NOT available on-site.
<Payment by US$ >
<Payment by JPY>
Seisa Hakone Campus
Address: 817-255 Sengokuhara Hakone Ashigara Shimogun Kanagawa
Approximately 3 hours to Hakone from Narita Airport by public transportation, and approximately 2 hours from Haneda Airport.
Those who need visas in order to travel to Japan, please contact; firstname.lastname@example.org